An easy autumn inspired cookie featuring maple and crunchy pecans.
Servings – about 40 cookies
Difficulty – Easy
Ingredients1 cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp maple extract
2 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup pecan halves
DirectionsPre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and maple extract. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Slowly blend into butter mixture on low speed.
- Remove dough from mixer, pat into a disc and wrap tightly. Chill in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on your counter and roll out dough to about 1/16-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a decorative cookie cutter. With a spatula, remove cookies to a cookie sheet. Place a pecan half in the center of each cookie and press lightly.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12-14 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove cookies to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, wrap tightly and store at room temperature.